A Child & Adolescent Psychologist Serving San Francisco Families
Are you concerned about your child? Are you worried about his mood, friendships, how he is doing at school or dealing with a change? Would you like support for her in coping with your divorce or joint custody? I'd like to help.
I'm a clinical psychologist serving a lively group of children, teenagers and parents. Working with children and families over the last 20 years has given me in-depth understanding of how children and teenagers think, learn and grow. When kids, parents and I put our heads together, we often find ways to make things better.
My child and adolescent practice is dedicated to the psychological health of elementary, middle and high school students, ages 5-18. I provide child and adolescent therapy and parent consultation. I use an integrative approach, drawing on a range of tools and best practices to help children and families build psychological health and happiness.
My back-to-school calendar is filling quickly. If you'd like help for your child and are interested in our possibly working together, please be in touch soon to set up an introductory call.
What I Help Kids, Tweens and Teens With
Therapy helps young people express themselves, manage feelings, navigate tough experiences and strengthen relationships. My clients include children, tweens and teenagers who:
- Have parents going through or who have gone through separation or divorce
- Feel worried, scared or sad
- Could benefit from learning more effective ways to manage stress or emotions
- Have learning differences or challenges related to school
- Would like more friends, closer friends or better friends
- Are having trouble with bullying, meanness or being left out
- Have experienced a loss, a change in their lives or something traumatic
- Would like to speak with someone outside their family about something that is on their minds
If none of the above describe your child, contact me and we can talk about whether I may be able to be of help. If not, I'll do my best to help refer you to someone who might be a better resource.
Support For Children's Growth and Well-Being
We all want to see young people learning with enthusiasm, enjoying positive relationships, using their strengths and pursuing their interests. Family, friends, school and community all contribute to a young person's emotional health and well-being.
Therapy and parent consultation add another layer of support. They model for young people that it's healthy to reach out out and talk about it when things are bothering them, rather than keeping them inside. They help kids and families build their resilience, deal with emotions and express themselves.
Counseling encourages children and teens to:
- Speak up
- Share what's on their minds
- Deal with worries, sadness and other emotions
- Communicate about thoughts, feelings, needs and concerns
- Figure out ways to resolve conflicts and tricky social situations
- Address how to manage stress and difficult feelings
- Try to better understand themselves and others
These skills serve young people in all aspects of life, at home, at school and with friends and family. When it works well, family members share the benefits of a child or adolescent's therapy.
Welcome Message for Parents
Parent Consultation in San Francisco
Want to build your understanding but don't feel therapy is necessary? Parenting consultation can be helpful for everyday questions and challenges. Parent consultation is wrapped into the child and adolescent therapy I provide. It is also available as a stand-alone service, apart from therapy. It can be as short or as long as you need.
Contact Me To Get Started
Of course you want to find a therapist who's the right fit for your child and family. I'm glad to answer any questions you have about my practice, therapy or how to find help. Contact me to set up an introductory phone call.