A Child & Adolescent Psychologist Serving San Francisco Families
Are you concerned about your child? Do you wish he worried less, had closer friends or were happier at school? Is your family dealing with separation, divorce or joint custody? Are you looking for support for your child during a stressful time? I'd like to help.
I'm a clinical psychologist serving a lively group of children, teenagers and parents. Working with children and families over the last 20 years has given me in-depth understanding of how children and teenagers think, learn and grow. When kids, parents and I put our heads together, we often find ways to make things better.
My child and adolescent practice is dedicated to the psychological health of elementary, middle and high school students, ages 5-18. I provide child and adolescent therapy and parent consultation. I use an integrative approach, drawing on a range of tools and best practices to help children and families build psychological health and happiness.
Child and Teenage Concerns I Help With
Therapy helps young people navigate changes and challenging experiences, strengthen relationships and manage difficult feelings. My clients include kids and teens who:
- Have parents going through or who have gone through separation or divorce
- Are dealing with anxiety, fears, sadness or worry
- Have learning differences or other challenges at school
- Would like more friends or closer friends
- Are trying to figure out how to handle bullying, meanness or being left out
- Have experienced something traumatic
- Have issues with confidence or self-esteem
- Have sleep problems
- Are adapting to a change in their lives
If none of the above describe your child, contact me and we can talk about whether I may be able to be of help. If not, I'll do my best to help refer you to someone who might be a better resource.
Support for Your Child's Healthy Development and Well-Being
We all want to see young people learning, enjoying positive relationships and pursuing their interests. Family, friends, school and community all contribute to a young person's emotional health and well-being. Therapy and/or parent consultation add another layer of support.
We'll support your child as a whole person, encouraging her development of communication skills, friendships, positive relationships with family members, engagement in school and pursuit of her interests as well as her promoting her emotional health and well-being.
Counseling can help children and teens:
- Speak up and share what's on their minds
- Deal with worries about family members or friends
- Communicate about needs, feelings and concerns
- Figure out how to resolve conflicts and tricky social situations
- Learn and practice new ways of managing difficult feelings
- Express themselves genuinely
- Build healthy ways of dealing with stress
- Better understand themselves and others
These skills serve young people in all aspects of life, including home, school and with friends. When it works well, family members share the benefits of a child or adolescent's therapy.
Welcome Message for Parents
Parent Consultation in San Francisco
Want information or professional support but don't feel therapy is necessary? Parenting consultation can be helpful for everyday questions and challenges. Sometimes parent consultation is part of child therapy. It is also available as a separate service.
Curious What Therapy Might Look Like For Your Child?
Of course you want to find a therapist who's the right fit for your child and family. Contact me with questions or to get started. I look forward to hearing from you.